Replace FUNCTIONTHEORY: Preparing for a Vegas summer

Thursday

Preparing for a Vegas summer

As summer time grows near, and the days become increasingly Warmer. I noticed the other day while out on a photo shoot, That even an 85 degree day was making my car take longer to cool off then normal. As most people with an RB swap know its hard to keep it cool. Rather then deal with overheating issues later in summer when it's well over 100 degrees, I decided to take action now. So off I go to 9k racing in southern California for there ever popular hood vent. 100 dollars later I had a rough cut hood vent. I had to trim it, square it up, and then painted it with a littler rattle can since it's not a show stopper. The install on the car was pretty easy and took only about an hour after a few trips to lowes. ( two trips cause I lost my tape measure so I had to go buy a new one ). After a drive around town on an moderately hot day 85 degrees you can instantly notice that the car stays cooler and cools of much faster when the fan is on or when the car is cruising with no stops. when you stop you can literally see the heat rushing out of the vents. All in all I'm very excited with the vent. Makes the RB25 run cooler, and adds an aggressive look to the car. Now as this is a cheap hood vent don't expect it to be top notch quality. There are some faults and flaws. But keeping function in mind I give it a 10 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. that looks sick.
    out of curiosity, did you pass smog with the rb?

    ReplyDelete